Pop Culture Under The Microscope!

Reach Marc at: Marc@MarcMason.com

Site Feed

Buy Quality Marc Merchandise!


























 
Archives
<< current













 
Marc Mason is a freelance writer based in Tempe, AZ.



























HAPPY NONSENSE: POP CULTURE CONFIDENTIAL
 
Friday, December 26, 2003  
Obsession



What do you do when obsession is finished?



For eleven days, it consumed me. Top to bottom, this house had to be cleaned, scrubbed, redesigned, remade. I had a limited window to do it in. I had every waking minute that I was home to work with.



I had a deadline that was longer than eleven days.



I don't want to complain about finishing early. I think my efforts not only look wonderful, a truly transformative change for this living space, but the whole place seems bigger somehow...like I discovered 200 square feet that didn't exist previously in the floorplan.



But now I am consumed in the fire of "Now what?", a brutal realization that I shot my cleaning load too soon. I have accomplished this amazing task, but I have no other tasks in which to fill the space I had been given. This presents a very large problem for me.



I require a new obsession. That is the only simple solution. I'm open to suggestions.



Marc@MarcMason.com


7:50 PM

Comments: Post a Comment

 
This page is powered by Blogger.