Pop Culture Under The Microscope!

Reach Marc at: Marc@MarcMason.com

Site Feed

Buy Quality Marc Merchandise!


























 
Archives
<< current













 
Marc Mason is a freelance writer based in Tempe, AZ.



























HAPPY NONSENSE: POP CULTURE CONFIDENTIAL
 
Friday, May 04, 2012  

SO I’VE BEEN BUSY

Ahh.. that whole education thing, dontcha know? What started in spring of 2011 is coming close to reaching an end. I have now completed nine of the ten classes for my Masters degree, and I’m pretty damned excited about it. I’ve been working myself into the ground over the last nine months in particular. Each of the past two semesters, I have taken three classes while working full time, teaching two classes a semester as professor, and engaging in other activities like writing my first comic book, serializing a novel online, running the Comics Waiting Room and more. I’ve made a lot of sacrifices in my personal life along the way. But I needed to get it done. I had to make this happen.

So I did.

What sort of outcomes am I seeing? Some wonderfully tangible results, thankfully. After nine classes, my GPA stands at 4.22 on the 4pt scale. I’ve gotten A+ in six courses, and As in the others. I was accepted into the Phi Kappa Phi, a prestigious honor society. I’ve made new friends. And I’ve gotten prolific as a writer in ways I could not have imagined when I started. This past semester, I undertook a practicum. It required me to write eight new short creative nonfiction pieces in the four month span, put them together as a short book, and direct publish them to the Amazon Kindle and Barnes & Noble Nook platforms. Just to show I’m insane, I wrote nine stories, added two from last summer, and got that bad boy up on the web for purchase. I even added a third way it could be downloaded, because that’s just how I roll:




Three of your dollars. Cheap.

On top of that, my faculty advisor prodded me to finally put together a best-of collection of my writings about comics. Sure, why not? I didn’t have enough to do already, right? So I did it, and it is now available as well. In paperback and exclusively on the Kindle:



I even have an author page on Amazon now.

So I’ve been busy. Now I have some freedom to have a life again, which I’m pretty excited about. What’s up with you?


4:38 PM

Comments: Post a Comment

 
This page is powered by Blogger.