Pop Culture Under The Microscope!

Reach Marc at: Marc@MarcMason.com

Site Feed

Buy Quality Marc Merchandise!


























 
Archives
<< current













 
Marc Mason is a freelance writer based in Tempe, AZ.



























HAPPY NONSENSE: POP CULTURE CONFIDENTIAL
 
Friday, March 26, 2004  
Long Day Down

Early and long day. Up early so I could go to bank for Bec and then work 8-12 shift. Spring training baseball game with my friend Julie and my friend Orchid, whom I haven't seen in a year. Fantastic ballgame, and it was "hat day" to boot. My new Angels cap rocks.

Sidebar: we get to the game, and Julie looks down to see that she's essentially out of gas. Not good when you drive an SUV. So after the game, the traffic backup was so bad that we couldn't risk getting into it. We'd have expended the fumes before we ever got out of the lot. So we pulled under a tree to hang out and listened to music while staring at the hill in front of us. Much to our good fortune, the hill was populated by an ugly RV, and the users of the RV came back pretty quickly. Turns out, these guys (all in their 30s) were road tripping from San Diego and they invited us up for alcoholic beverages and to hang out. It was a great way to kill an hour, I'll tell ya that. Then we set forth to meet friends at our current favorite watering hole.

So I finally dragged myself in around 10pm from the bar. Tired. Worn out from the time away, and the time spent outside in the warm. I'm filthy, my hair is disgusting, and I am in desperate need of a shower. It was a pretty damned good day.

It's nice to know I can still have them, you know?

So after a very stressful week, I am ready to rest. I am doing all the right things for depression, particularly making sure to get out and have an active life. We'll see what today may have done for me in the long run.

Marc@MarcMason.com

9:32 PM

Comments: Post a Comment

 
This page is powered by Blogger.